a Step-By-Step Guide for local newsrooms on Reddit
Seeing the need to foster a more robust, civil discourse around current events, I worked with journalists from The Dallas Morning News to create a step-by-step guide for small to medium-sized local newsrooms looking to create meaningful discussion with readers, specifically on Reddit.
ask me anything
Assisted former web producer, Dominick DiFurio, and the audience engagement team at The Dallas Morning News in engaging with readers on the r/politics subreddit with 6.8 members worldwide.
The Daily texan
Social media staffer (Aug – Dec 2019)
- Copy-wrote tweets for breaking news stories.
Senior Audio Producer (Aug 2020 – Present)
- Create weekly audiogram Tweets for the paper’s cover story.
- Oversee the Audio Department’s Twitter account @texanaudio.
Non-profit Content Leader (Jun 2018 – Apr 2019)
- Partnered with team of creatives and advertising agency, Social Revolt, to provide adequate coverage of Historic’s nonprofit partner organizations on Instagram and Facebook.
Preston trail student ministry
Creative Team Manager (2015 – 2018)
- Led team of photographers, videographers, and graphic designers and oversaw all planning, production, and
editing of the student ministry’s Instagram. Both covered and promoted ministry events as well as special series.
Fashion Blogging Intern
- Promoted local accessories company on Instagram, published blog posts, and assisted in product development.